There is something about making a blanket that I simply love.
Maybe it's because a blanket is a project you can watch grow right in front of you. One row becomes another, and another, and before long, something that started as a pile of yarn is becoming a real part of your home. I also love that blankets give me room to play.
But, another thing...I am a blanket girl! You should see the number of throws I've bought when we moved into our first home. I love wrapping up in a blanket, with a cup of tea in my hand or hot chocolate!
But getting back to making my own blankets, I like trying a new stitch and experimenting with colors. I can change a color repeat when I see something I like better. And because a blanket is usually a larger project, I don't feel like I have to rush through it. That's important to me. I don't want my crafting to feel like a race.
I want to sit down, pick up my hook and just enjoy the process.
I also love choosing colors for blankets. Sometimes I choose colors because I simply love them. Other times, I think about where the finished blanket will live in my home.
My current crochet blanket is a perfect example. I chose soft pinkish-purple, light apricot and gray because they work beautifully with my chair in my craft space.
But getting back to making my own blankets, I like trying a new stitch and experimenting with colors. I can change a color repeat when I see something I like better. And because a blanket is usually a larger project, I don't feel like I have to rush through it. That's important to me. I don't want my crafting to feel like a race.
I want to sit down, pick up my hook and just enjoy the process.
I also love choosing colors for blankets. Sometimes I choose colors because I simply love them. Other times, I think about where the finished blanket will live in my home.
My current crochet blanket is a perfect example. I chose soft pinkish-purple, light apricot and gray because they work beautifully with my chair in my craft space.
I'm using a new stitch for me, and the color changes really show off the scalloped texture. And yes, I'm hoping to finish it by Christmas! Click here to read the full post about my blanket.
But even if it takes a little longer, that's okay. One of the best things retirement has given me is the ability to enjoy projects without feeling like everything has to be finished right away.
So I'll keep adding those rows, watching my blanket grow, and enjoying every stitch. That's the real joy of making a blanket for me. It's not just about the finished blanket. It's about all the little moments it takes to get there.
Happy crafting, friends! ❤
But even if it takes a little longer, that's okay. One of the best things retirement has given me is the ability to enjoy projects without feeling like everything has to be finished right away.
So I'll keep adding those rows, watching my blanket grow, and enjoying every stitch. That's the real joy of making a blanket for me. It's not just about the finished blanket. It's about all the little moments it takes to get there.
Happy crafting, friends! ❤

0 comments
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!