A New Crochet Blanket and a Little Tool That Lets Me Keep Crocheting


A New Crochet Blanket and a Little Tool That Lets Me Keep Crocheting - BellaArt Creates

 

Hey friends!❤️ I hope you're having a great day!

I decided to pop in today and share one of my current crochet projects with you — my new crochet blanket!

This is a new stitch for me, and I'm lovin' it! Normally, my go-to stitch is the half double crochet, but the pattern for this blanket uses single and double crochet stitches, which creates this beautiful scallop detail.

And because I'm doing color changes, it really shows off the stitches. I absolutely love how the colors and texture are coming together!

Choosing My Colors

One of the fun things about this blanket has been choosing the colors. The yarn colors I'm using are Ballet Slipper, which is a pretty pinkish-purple color, Light Apricot, which has a soft yellowish tone, and gray.

And here's another perk — I'm buying my yarn from my local Dollar Tree for $1.25 a skein! You can't beat that! 😂 The colors blend really nicely with my chair in my craft space, and I can't wait until it's finished so I can actually use it. I'm hoping to have it finished by Christmas!

 

A New Crochet Blanket and a Little Tool That Lets Me Keep Crocheting - BellaArt Creates 
My original color repeat is four rows of Light Apricot and Ballet Slipper, followed by two rows of gray. Though the pattern works the stitches straight across. But, I decided to change it up a bit by crocheting all the way around, kind of like a granny square.

And when that happened, I decided to change my color repeat a little too. So, instead of doing two rounds of gray, I crocheted just one round of gray while keeping the four rounds of the other two colors. And I really like how that change makes the stitches stand out! I love how this blanket is coming along.

I learned this stitch from a YouTube video, and if you're interested in learning it too, you can watch the video here.

The Little Tool That Helps Me Crochet Without Pain

A New Crochet Blanket and a Little Tool That Lets Me Keep Crocheting - BellaArt Creates 

Now, let's talk about this little handy-dandy tool attached to my crochet hook! This is how I'm able to crochet without pain. It's a foam grip my hubby found on Amazon. It comes in a package with assorted sizes, which means I can use a grip with just about all of my crochet hook sizes.

And let me tell you — this little thing has made a HUGE difference for me. After my injury some years ago, I wasn't able to crochet at all without pain. And since crochet was my very first hobby, that was really hard for me.

Even with the foam grip, I've had to change the way I crochet. I used to be a tight crocheter, but now I have to crochet much more loosely. Thankfully, making things like blankets and scarves works really well for me because I can be more relaxed with my stitches.

And I'm perfectly okay with that! I'm just so thankful that I can crochet again. I honestly can't imagine myself not crocheting. This was my very first hobby, and I hope I never have to give it up!

So, that's what's I'm working on!

I'm having so much fun watching this blanket grow, row by row, and can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished. Hope to have a finished blanket to show you by Christmas! We shall see! 😂

Until then...

Happy crafting, friends! ❤️

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑