Handmade Holiday Card Projects I'm Really Proud of



Handmade Holiday Card Projects I'm Really Proud of ~ BellaArt Creates

 

One thing I love about crafting and creating is looking back over projects that make me smile. One of my favorite things to do is look back on the Christmas card projects I've made. Christmas is my favorite holiday to create for, and today I'm looking back and celebrating some of my holiday cards—and I'm inviting you to come along for the ride!

 
Christmas Card with Matching Tag by BellaArt Creates
Christmas Card with Matching Shaker Tag
One of my very favorite projects and I love the message because it's about our Savior, Jesus Christ.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

This card above I made for a blog hop some years ago using a pretty decorative circle die.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

I love using circle die sets for holiday cards and though this is a simple design, I decorated the center with this pretty red bow. I stamped the sentiment.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

Like I said, I love die cutting circles and again I used it on this card above, by die cutting the circle on the card panel to give the card a different look.

 

And here's how this card looks when opened!
  Handmade Christmas Card Inside by BellaArt Creates

 

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

These two cards were a set where I used some beautiful flowers a crafty friend gave me. I layered the card bases with patterned papers.  

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

Shaker cards are my favorite interactive cards to make!! So, for this card above, I wanted a wintery scene.

I die cut a circle to make the shaker portion first and then added the snowman that I die cut and colored. I also stamped the matching envelope. 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

Layering pieces like patterned papers, ephemera, and sentiment strips to make cards is another favorite technique of mine.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

And, card kits are great to have in my craft space. I purchased several Christmas card kits and they come with so many pieces like sentiments, chip boards, embellishments, pattern papers, pre-die cuts and sometimes even stamp sets. This card above is one I have a lot of fun making from a kit.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

I got playful with these cards above. First, I did a watercolor brush effect on the back of the card bases.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

I was going for drama with this card above, so it started off with a deep red card base, added some of those pre-die cuts I mentioned above along with a pretty lace ribbon, pearls and sequins to finish off this beautiful holiday card.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

I made this card above a couple of years ago and it's part of a collection using a poinsettia die set. After die cutting, I colored the petals with different shades of Copic markers to make the flower stand out. I did the same technique on the leaves. 

The poinsettia is a layered die and large enough to fill the card nicely. The pink pattern paper on the background contrasts so well with the flower. I loved how these turned out!

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

This card above, I decided to turn into like a painting with a frame. I purposely left off a sentiment because loved the poinsettia so much. I just love how the flower looks! 

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

For this card, I wanted to use a large red snowflake ribbon to showcase and I used one of the layered poinsettia dies to adorn the card. Love how the diamond shape I die cut a few times gives the sentiment great dimension.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

From a card kit, using the layered technique I love is how this card above was born. And I find that using card kits and layering pieces can make cards quickly. They're perfect when you need to mass-produce a lot of cards.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

Christmas tags? YES, PLEASE. I love making tags especially for the holidays, the tag above I used kraft cardstock with my large size tag die and topped with chipboard pieces. I also die cut my snow globes with holiday patterned papers and white cardstock. I can add a customize message on the white cardstock.

Below is a collection of tags that used a large arch die set. The idea here was making snow globe tags when you don't own a snow globe die set. I used my Distress inks and a blending brush to make all of these have a rustic, vintage look.


Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

To adorn these tags, I used lots of pre-die cuts to decorate.

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

 

I also die cut my snow globes with holiday pattern papers and white cardstock. I love how large these are because they can be tags or double as cards.

 

Handmade Christmas Card by BellaArt Creates

And that about wraps up my little trip down memory lane!

Looking back at my previous makes is something I really enjoy, especially when my creative juices are running low. Sometimes all it takes is looking at a card or tag I've made in the past to get me inspired to sit down and create again.

I hope you enjoyed taking this little trip down memory lane with me and seeing some of the holiday projects I've made over the years. I certainly enjoyed going back through them and remembering how much fun I had making each one!

Which one of my cards or tags did you like best? I'd love to know, so leave me a comment and tell me!

Thanks for coming along for the ride, my friends, and as always...

Happy crafting! ❤️

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑