There is a very specific kind of happiness that happens when I find a forgotten craft supply. You know the moment. You're looking through a drawer or box, and suddenly...“Oh! I forgot I had this!” And immediately, you remember why you bought it. Or, at least you remember why you thought you needed it.
Maybe it's an old stamp set. Or, you found that embroidery floss color you knew you had, a die set. It could be a beautiful piece of pattern paper bundle that was just too pretty to use or a skein of yarn that you bought because you loved the color. Whatever it is, finding it can bring back a little spark of creativity.
I've experienced this quite a bit while going through my craft supplies as I'm downsizing. That said, if you read my post "When My Craft Space Gets Cluttered, So Does My Mind", you might be scratching your head about now wondering, “Well, then, do you have to keep most of your supplies hidden away?”
For me, dealing with this means I don't process things well when they aren't neat and organized. When my surroundings feel chaotic, it causes me stress. The flip side of that is that I may forget what I have. And that's exactly what has happened while downsizing my craft supplies.
Some things I've decided to sell because I know I'm not going to use them. That's part of my downsizing journey. But other things have made me stop in my tracks and think: “Wait a minute...I still really like this!”
Those are the supplies that remind me why I became a crafter in the first place. I love pretty things, textures, fabrics, fibers and I love imagining what something can become. And sometimes, all it takes is finding one forgotten supply to get that creative part of my brain moving again.
I think that's one reason I enjoy looking through my stash. It's not just about what I own. It's about the memories attached to those supplies and the possibilities that are still sitting there.
Every now and then, a forgotten supply becomes the starting point for a new project. And those moments are pretty special.
So, if you haven't looked through your craft stash lately, maybe take a peek. You never know what little treasure might be hiding in there.
Happy crafting, my dear friends! ❤️

0 comments
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!