Hi friends 🩷 Meet my new next generation sock snowmen ☃️!!! I'm calling them next gen because I've made some many years ago. Aren't they adorable??!! I loved making them last year for Christmas. I have these plus the 1st generation in my "Other Projects" catalog if you want to take a look at them.
I had all the materials to make a bunch of them. The only thing I didn't have were the white socks which I bought on AZ. I paired them with fuzzy socks I had in my stash for their hats and scarves + the black pearls for their eyes. I added buttons from my collection to finish them off, no sewing on this project!
Making the is easy. I cut off part of the white sock, because mine were like knee socks so a bit too long, but you can make them any size you want. I used a combo of white rice and poly-fil to stuff and weigh them down. But, if I made these again, I'd probably use poly-fil and poly-pellets and omit using rice. I think the pellets would help them stand up better. Anyway, I used white string to create the tummy and head. I cut the fuzzy socks to make hats and scarves. Finally, I glued the buttons and eyes on, let them sit for a few hours to dry.
They will AGAIN be part of my winter/holiday home decor for this year. I created a winter wonderland to decorate last Christmas. I ended up making about 10! I didn't take pics of all 10, sorry! Hopefully, this holiday I'll do that and post them here 😃
Crafting is part of my lifeline from God! ♥️♥️♥️♥️ It's not always break out the sewing machine or crochet hook or even cardstock and a die cutting machine, sometimes it's just pulling out basic materials and creating something special with your hands!

0 comments
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!