Hi my friends!
I'd like to introduce you to my sweet Benny and his sister Bella, they are my beautiful, completely sewed by hand stuffed monkeys! This is a project that I just got so excited to share last Christmas on my IG account. But, no way can I miss writing about them here!
This was my very first time making sock monkeys and I wasn't at all sure how to go about it. So, I started doing a lot of research. I spotted a photo from an Etsy seller, that got me instantly inspired, so I jotted down my own notes and watched a few YouTube videos.
Then, I challenged myself… and they turned out so, so cute! Bella is the pink small monkey that I made one day and gave my hands a rest. I, then stitched her big brother the next day.
I bought the fuzzy socks from my local Dollar Tree. I love these because they're soft and playful for stuffed animals.
I've been a collector for years, most of my plushies I've either bought, were gifted or won when hubby and I used to go to Dave & Busters when we lived in Jacksonville, Florida. It is a restaurant/arcade game business and they had the best games to play and we loved to go there after church on Sundays to eat and play! Other stuffies came from my mom's collection. After she passed away, I found her collection (didn't even know she was a collector) and I still have some of those too. But, making my own plushies, I hadn't done a lot of that so Benny and Bella are extra special!
When I posted them on my IG, I asked for my friends and followers to help me name them, I gave everyone three choices to choose from:
1️⃣ Rosie & Rudy
2️⃣ Benny & Bella
3️⃣ Max & Millie
2️⃣ Benny & Bella
3️⃣ Max & Millie
And by a majority, Benny & Bella won!
I took a boat load of pictures below, an entire photoshoot in fact!

0 comments
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!