My 15 Most Precious Projects of 2025


My 15 Most Precious Projects of 2025
Happy New Year, my friends! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and your 2026 is starting off great. Today, I'd like to share a special post, looking back over my projects of 2025 and picking out the ones that really touched me. This isn't a "how did I make that" tutorial type post, it's more of sharing with you why these projects are precious to me.
 
Last year, I spent a lot of time sewing because I really wanted to learn, I didn't do well in this class in school! But, we live in the YT age now so anything you wanna learn, chances are somebody's done a video on it :D! That's how I'm teaching myself to sew. So, that said let's get into my line-up for 2025!
 
1. Tote Bags. 

Handmade Tote Bag ~ BellaArt Creates

This one is very simple, I wanted a little travel bag that I fit my crochet project into. I love making blankets so as the project grows, it needs a bag so I can take it with me and work on it. Therefore, there's no lining, no pockets, no zippers or snaps to this bag, it's more like a dump and go! The fabric, I picked up from my local Dollar Tree, I watched a video (many times)! And then finally I made my first tote bag! She is so cute and I love her!

I also made these two other totes!

Handmade Tote Bags ~ BellaArt Creates

 
2. Pillow.

Handmade Pillow ~ BellaArt Creates

I consider this pillow like my very first real sewing project because I had never made one with fabric and this pattern is so easy to make. I started with two 10" x 10" fat quarter fabrics, folded them into a triangle and sewed across the folds. Then I opened and stacked the two pieces of fabric wrong sides together and sewed all the way around 1/4" seam allowance leaving a big enough opening to turn the pillow right side out and stuff it with poly-fil. Then I top stitched all around to close the opening. After that I added the buttons on front and back. 

3. Hot pads.

Handmade Hot Pad ~ BellaArt Creates

Hot pads are super easy to make for beginners like myself and a terrific way to master straight stitching. I own a Brother XR3774 sewing machine and I purchased adjustable presser foot with a guide to help me. It makes my eye pay more attention to the guide to ensure I'm sewing in a straight line. I still need more practice but I am seeing improvement which makes me so happy.

4. Gumball machines.

Gumball Machines ~ BellaArt Creates

A simple project I learned on YT, using clear plastic cups, ribbon, hot glue and snow globes from Dollar Tree. I filled these with peppermints. Now, I made this permanent fix so that this is more of a decorative piece for the Holidays. 

5. Infinity Scarves.

Handmade Infinity Scarves ~ BellaArt Creates

I loved how these scarves turned out and how easy it is to make. My fabrics for this project was gifted to me from my sweet friend, Kimberly McGuiness Art & Design.

6. Sock Monkeys.

Handmade Sock Monkeys made by BellaArt Creates

Benny and his sister Bella, my first sock monkeys that I completed hand stitched with fuzzy socks that I bought from Dollar Tree. Check out my blog post on this cute project here.

7. Drawstring bags.

Handmade Drawstring Bags ~ BellaArt Creates

I had fun making these bags and I purchased a drawstring kit so I could have the tools to add the strings I used. As you can see, I made these in different sizes, I think I went a little crazy on this project! :D

8. Sock Snowmen.

Handmade Sock Snowmen by BellaArt Creates

Made from more socks and stuffed with rice and poly-fil, then embellished. Click here to read the full post!

9. Keyfobs.

Handmade keyfobs by BellaArt Creates

Another fun project to make and extremely functional. I made a bunch of these and gifted one to my bestie too!

10. Autumn Pillow. 

Autumn Dish Drying Mat into a Pillow ~ BellaArt Creates

I made this pillow using two Dollar Tree's Dish Drying Mats that has a pretty pumpkins and leaves pattern. I sewed them together and like my pillow above, left an opening to stuff with poly-fil. The only difference is I didn't top stitch this pillow. I closed the opening using the invisible stitch by hand.

11. Fabric Basket.

Handmade Fabric Basket ~ BellaArt Creates

My first time making a fabric basket and I used fabrics from Dollar Tree. I loved the colors and patterns of the fabric and this was the first time I sewed in a lining. I'm pretty proud how this project turned out.

12. Zipper Pouch.

Handmade Zipper Pouch ~ BellaArt Creates

This was a project! I used Dollar Tree's dish drying mats (I love sewing with them) to make my first project with a zipper! I was nervous but so proud of myself for sticking with this. I made a pom pom with yarn for embellishment.

13. Round Pin Cushions.

Handmade Round Pin Cushions made by BellaArt Creates

I learned how to make square pin cushions but when I saw rounds ones on YT, I had to learn this pattern. They don't take long and a great way to use up some buttons and embroidery floss to made them extra cute!

14. Square Pin Cushions.

Handmade Square Pin Cushions made by BellaArt Creates

Aren't these so cute? Especially with the buttons in the center!

15. Key Cords.

Handmade Key Cords made by BellaArt Creates

What a cool wait to wrap up those fussy cords! This is very simple project and I used hair ties and buttons as my fasteners.


I love this round-up of projects and so proud of myself with how my sewing journey is going. I'm finding that sewing is a craft I wished I had pursued years ago! So, tell me which of these do you like best in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading!

My 15 Most Precious Projects of 2025 ~ BellaArt Creates

Tiny little note: I changed my brand name early this year to BellaArt Creates.

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑