Why Crochet Will Always Be My First Love


Why Crochet Will Always Be My First Love by BellaArt Creates

 

If you've been around BellaArt Creates for a while, you probably already know that crochet holds a very special place in my heart. I started crocheting when I was 12, after taking a crochet class, and it became my very first real hobby. Over the years, I've made all kinds of things, but crochet has always been the craft I come back to.

There is just something about taking a ball of yarn and turning it into something with your own two hands. I love watching a project grow one stitch at a time. I love choosing colors. I love learning a new stitch and seeing what it does to the texture of a project. I love the fabric and texture it creates. And, I especially love that crochet can be both creative and comforting.

I've had seasons in my life when I couldn't crochet the way I wanted to, and that made me realize just how much this craft means to me. Being able to pick up my hook and create again is something I won't take for granted.

My crochet projects don't have to be complicated. Sometimes I'm happiest simply sitting in my craft space with yarn beside me and a project in my lap.

That's one of the things I love most about crochet: there is always another stitch to learn, another color combination to try, and another project waiting to become something.

I don't know how many blankets, scarves, hats or other projects I'll make over the years, but I do know this... Crochet will always be my first love when it comes to crafting. And I hope I never have to give it up.

Happy crafting, friends! ❤

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑