Shopping My Own Craft Stash


Shopping My Own Craft Stash by BellaArt Creates

Have you ever gone looking through your craft supplies and discovered something you completely forgot you had?

I have. More than once! Sometimes, as a crafter I feel like a hoarder. I’d buy supplies, a new tool, a stamp set with coordinating die, fabric or a layering stencil set with a plan in mind of how I would use it. Then, it arrives and it ends up in a drawer somewhere and never gets used.

And as a crafter, our hobby changes as we change. In my case, life happened that changed the kind of crafting I do now than just a few years ago. And, when I started going through my stash, I found so many items that either had never been used or that I’m no longer using. So, instead of being a collector, I decided to downsize my stash and offer what I’m not using on my eBay Shop.

And for the supplies I’m keeping, I can still use them. Some of them are discontinued or were part of a limited edition but they still have life.


Another funny thing about being a crafter is that sometimes we think we need something new to get inspired. But every once in a while, I discover that the inspiration is already sitting in my own craft space.

It’s incredible looking through bins or moving a few supplies around and suddenly finding something that makes me say, “Oh my gosh! I remember buying that!”

  • Sometimes it's a stamp or die set I bought because I had an idea for it. 
  • Sometimes it's a pattern paper pad I loved.
  • Sometimes it's rediscovering a tool that I used to use all the time.

And sometimes I don't even remember what I originally planned to make with it! That's one reason I've really enjoyed going through my craft stash while downsizing. I've had the chance to see supplies I haven't looked at in years, and it has reminded me that I already have plenty of things to inspire me.

I'm not saying I never buy new craft supplies. Oh, let's be realistic! But I have learned that buying something new doesn't always create a new idea. Sometimes I just need to shop my own stash.

And when I find that forgotten supply that suddenly sparks an idea, it feels even better because I didn't have to go anywhere to find it. It was already waiting for me.

So the next time you're feeling like you need something new before you can create, take a little look through your own craft supplies first. You just might find something that makes you say...

“Oh! I forgot I had that!”

Happy crafting, friends! ❤

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑