Crochet a Lovely & Very Easy Granny Square for Beginners


Crochet a Lovely and Very Easy Granny Square for Beginners

 

 

I'm not a newbie crocheter actually LOL! I've been crocheting since age 12 but I just learned of this YT channel that specializes in granny squares and some of them look quite complicated but really pretty. This one caught my eye because I love how the petals sit on top of the square and that's done with "bobble stitches". You can also watch this video on YouTube here.

It's a 5 row pattern and I decided to turn my squares into a "granny blanket"! I'm on row 5 as of this blog post and my goal is to get it done by Christmas 2026 to go on our couch. 

I used Premier yarns that I bought at my local Dollar Tree making this project cost effective and I made my squares using these three colors: "Light Apricot", "Ballet Slipper" and "Pale Pink". White is my background color. This yarn is creamy, soft and easy to work with. I'm using a 5mm (H) crochet hook. Each square measures a little over 4-1/2" x 4-1/2". 

I completed my blanket, take a look!

 

Granny Square Crochet Blanket made by BellaArt Creates Granny Square Crochet Blanket made by BellaArt Creates Granny Square Crochet Blanket made by BellaArt Creates Granny Square Crochet Blanket made by BellaArt Creates

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑