Boxy Make-up Bag - Sewing Pattern


Boxy Make-up Bag - Sewing Pattern

 




This project is one that I really want to learn and master because having a collection of these beautiful bags will make excellent gifts. I have watched so many video tutorials and everyone seems to have a different way of making them. I kept researching to find the best and easier video to watch and follow. I like this video because she explains the process very well, there's no seams at the end to hand sew in order to close the lining and I think I like the "French seam method". 

Her video shows her making her large size bag which is smaller than the ones I've made using Alex Manning's pattern chart. So far, the bags I've made (somewhat successful due to my errors) have been from the video tutorial by Anjursa. 

But, her pattern requires sewing the lining closed by hand stitching an invisible stitch which I don't like doing. Also, her boxing the corners; she doesn't sew them with a French seam, she leaves them inside the bag and I don't like that look. I cut the excess off and sewed it but I didn't know how to do a French seam at the time so I want to try this pattern and see if I can finally make this bag "perfectly".

 

My "NOT-SO-PERFECT-BAG"

 

I love my bag, don't get me wrong but I made some big "boo-boos" on it: stitching not straight and I messed up and had to seam rip. Well, I made a hole in the zipper accidentally. And, I couldn't start over so I looked through my stash and found some pom pom trimming and I cut all enough to cover the zipper and sewed it on and I think it gave the bag some extra cuteness! I pat myself on the bag for a valiant effort!

 

Boxy Make-up Bag made by BellaArt Creates Boxy Make-up Bag made by BellaArt Creates Boxy Make-up Bag made by BellaArt Creates

0 comments

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!

 

↑